WEEK 2: FORMAL INTRODUCTORY LETTER (REVISED)

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Moong Yen Jee and I am writing to introduce myself to you. I am currently pursuing a degree in civil engineering at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). I earned a diploma in civil engineering with business from Singapore Polytechnic (SP). The fact that I can speak Cantonese well is an intriguing truth about me.

Since young, mathematics has been my favourite subject as I have always found the calculation of numbers, logical equations, and solving mathematical problems to be fascinating. My ambition to utilise logic and math to come up with creative solutions to modern-day problems is what motivated me to pursue a career in engineering. I made the decision to continue my engineering studies because I was keen in the structural side of engineering and was motivated by my father, who has been employed in the field for a long time, after observing the positive effects he had on those around him.

One of my communication strengths is the ability to react quickly and flexibly while providing accurate and detailed feedback. I can rely on my rapid thinking skills to adjust quickly and reorient my replies so that they match those shifting circumstances because I am frequently confronted with abrupt and unexpected queries during presentations. Even though I am an outspoken and outgoing person, I nevertheless experience performance anxiety in formal settings since I am easily shaken up by intimidating crowds and find myself stuttering over my words.

Through this module, I aim to be able to enhance my technical writing skills in reports and reflections. I am also looking forward to improving my public speaking abilities through active participation in class and discovering fresh concepts and ideas that will enable me to see the world from a wider perspective. I have no doubt that the information I learned in this module will be useful and significant for my career in the workforce.

I stand out from the crowd attributable to my curiosity and aptitude for rapid environmental adaptation. Because of my curiosity, I was capable of keeping up with the norms while constantly working to accomplish positive outcomes.

Yours sincerely,

Moong Yen Jee (Ms)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 2: FORMAL INTRODUCTORY LETTER

TASK 3: THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR ENGINEERS

Summary Reader Response Draft #4