WEEK 2: FORMAL INTRODUCTORY LETTER

Dear Professor Brad,

My name is Moong Yen Jee and I am writing to introduce myself to you. I am currently pursuing a degree in civil engineering at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). I earned a diploma in civil engineering with business from Singapore Polytechnic (SP). The fact that I can speak Cantonese well is an intriguing truth about me.

Since young, mathematics has been my favourite subject as I have always found the calculation of numbers, logical equations, and solving mathematical problems to be fascinating. My interest in finding creative answers to issues stems from the idea of merging math and logic, is what inspired me to pursue engineering. I made the decision to continue my engineering studies because I was interested in the structural side of engineering and was motivated by my father, who has been employed in the field for a long time, after observing the positive effects he had on those around him.

One of my communication strengths is the ability to react quickly and flexibly while providing accurate and detailed feedback. I can rely on my rapid thinking skills to adjust quickly and reorient my replies so that they match those shifting circumstances because I am frequently confronted with abrupt and unexpected queries during presentations. Even though I am an outspoken and outgoing person, I nevertheless experience performance anxiety in formal settings since I am easily shaken up by intimidating crowds and find myself stuttering over my words.

Through this module, I aim to be able to enhance my technical writing skills in reports and reflections. I am also looking forward to improving my public speaking abilities through active participation in class and discovering fresh concepts and ideas that will enable me to see the world from a wider perspective. I have no doubt that the information I learned in this module will be useful and significant for my career in the workforce.

I stand out from the crowd attributable to my curiosity and aptitude for rapid environmental adaptation. Because of my curiosity, I was capable of keeping up with the norms while constantly working to accomplish positive outcomes.

Yours sincerely,

Moong Yen Jee (Ms)


Comments

  1. Hi Yen Jee, thank you for sharing more about yourself and I admire your rapid thinking skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Timothy, thank you for admiring this skill of mine! I look forward to having you around in class !!

      Delete
  2. Hello Yen Jee, it was a good introduction of yourself. We have similar weakness and hope we can strengthen it as the trigger goes by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Matiin, thank you for the comment! I am sure that we will both be able to overcome our weakness in due time! Remember to take things slow and enjoy along the way while we improve ourselves. I look forward to learning new things about you!

      Delete
  3. Dear Yen Jee,

    Thank you for the detailed letter. You've addressed all the points from the brief and done so in a fairly complete though concise manner. It's interesting to learn about your fascination with math and logic and their merging as well as the thirst for more conceptual knowledge. That is coming to you now in full tsunamis, I guess.

    In terms of language use, this is a fluent effort with only one odd sentence:
    My interest in finding creative answers to issues stems from the idea of merging math and logic, is what inspired me to pursue engineering. > (structure? main subject and main verb/s?)

    I appreciate your active effort in class and look forward to getting to know more about you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Professor Brad. I will take them into consideration and revise my self-introduction. I will be more mindful of the fluency in the future as well.

      Delete
  4. Hi Yen Jee ! The letter was very well written and I managed to learn about you from it. I hope that I will be able to learn more about throughout the trimester and maybe even pick up some Cantonese from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Galven, I look forward to teaching you some Cantonese! I am sure it will be fun and interesting! Continue to excel and have fun! I look forward to getting to know you more!

      Delete
  5. Hi Yan Jee! Great introduction of yourself! You are someone who is very outspoken as a person from my point of view. Everything has been very well written and straight to the point. I hope that I would get to know you more soon in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alvin, thank you for the kind words! I look forward to getting to know you better too! Let's have fun in this module!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TASK 3: THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNICATION SKILLS FOR ENGINEERS

Summary Reader Response Draft #4